Thursday, June 08, 2006

OK, this is just freakin' weird.....


My traffic tracker indicates that I had a visitor today from Seoul, South Korea, who got here by searching for the phrase "whoa it's magic, you know". This phrase appeared in the comments to the Freddie and the Dreamers thread, below, and represents about 75% of Pilot's contribution to popular culture.

The other 25% of Pilot's contribution consists of the next line to their big hit, "Magic" which made it to the Top 5 in 1975, more than 30 years ago. A search for that line ("never believe it's not so") deposited a music lover from San Antonio, Texas within two hours of the Korean gentleman.

I am so fucking totally global. Excuse me, I'm gonna go have some t-shirts made up.

5 Comments:

  • Woah! Woah! Woah!

    And "PILOT" backwards is "TULIP".

    THERE'S YOUR T-SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Dude, it's so postmodernistically ironic it's sincere again!

    Um, I was gluing something and smoking a cigarette with glue on my fingers and now I'm like NRRRRRRRR NRRRRRRRRRR NRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

    By Blogger Bobby Lightfoot, at 9:58 PM  

  • From "Just a Smile":

    Finding out what it's all about,
    reaching up to the sky,
    don't you know you're getting me high,
    oh too high.

    I absolutely love Pilut.

    By Blogger helmut, at 8:52 AM  

  • It truly is magic. This is has now become Global Pilot Central Meeting Place & Dating Service. Too cool.

    By Blogger Kevin Wolf, at 9:13 AM  

  • Now all we need are girls, Kevin. I'm not so sure I want to date Bobby.

    By Blogger helmut, at 2:10 PM  

  • I guess I should have some wet t-shirts made up. I'm just not sure where I can get them filled.....

    By Blogger roxtar, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home