Monday, November 27, 2006

Sloth

Two weeks without a post must be evidence of a serious character defect, right? Surely I am among the laziest of men. You see, I'm willing to throw myself on the sword and accept the fact that I am afflicted with the cardinal sin of sloth.

Except that's not really true. Truth is, I've been pretty damn busy these past couple of weeks. No, wait. That's bullshit, too. Everyone is busy, everyone has jobs and projects that occupy their time.

So what's my excuse? As close as I can come to explaining it is a lack of blog mojo. The election results knocked me off my stride, deprived me of my fuel and my fire. Compounding this mojo deficiency has been a spate of exquisite work from the blogroll denizens listed to the right.

Blue Girl has been a fountain of brilliance lately, perhaps fueled by sweet, sweet confections. Or maybe it's a reaction to the approach of grim-as-death Winter in Cleveburg.

Bobby Lightfoot has evolved into some kind of Indian Holy Man.

Blue Wren's ouevre has been spectacularly good, never missing a beat. See, e.g., this gem.

I guess I can take credit for my good taste, having a blogroll featuring these worthies and others, such as Neddie, Patrick Hillman, Will Divide, Lacarte, Kevin Wolf, Fred Wickham....hell, all of them.

Long story short: I'll get my stroke back, and when I do, it will be because of the example and inspiration of such folks, whose gifts have brought so much enjoyment to so many. Thanks, guys.

5 Comments:

  • I've been a bit lax lately, too -- trying to complete a novel, dealing with long holiday trips, and also being generally busy.

    I think I started blogging around the same time you did -- early '06. At fist, I wanted to do one post per day, but quickly learned that this wasn't the best strategy. Then I struggled with making my posts shorter (as I tend to ramble), and still haven't mastered that one... But, the occasional two-week respite is no biggie. I know what you mean by "blog mojo," though. Been there a couple of times myself.

    By Blogger Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass, at 11:04 AM  

  • I'm guilty of this too. Boon mighty silent over my place...

    By Blogger Kevin Wolf, at 1:28 PM  

  • Dude, I hear you. My various feints and dodges can't disguise a definite fallowness. I'm suffering from it in all my creative endevours. The adopting another character thing is a bit of a dead end, if an initially amusing one.

    I've been through it enough to not sweat it. You'll get your mojo back as you say.

    There's a book called "The Artist's Way" that I live by that suggests simply trying to keep the channels open during fallow periods by just journaling a little even if it isn't for anyone's benefit.

    And I think with recent events we're all allowed to smell th' roses a little. Before they start to stink.

    By Blogger Bobby Lightfoot, at 11:55 PM  

  • Hope you find your muse soon, Roxtar. We miss you -- and thanks for the kind words.

    By Blogger Wren, at 9:32 PM  

  • Cool Beans man. way to go.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home